When you invest in a piece of Pruden and Smith jewellery, you are not only acquiring a beautiful accessory but also an object of artistry, created with passion and expertise. To maintain its shine and...
If you have a piece of jewellery that’s no longer worn for whatever reason it may be – perhaps it’s not your style, it doesn’t fit, or has been damaged – our jewellery remodelling service is a great way for you to get creative and turn your old jewellery into something special for years to come.Book Your Appointment
Why remodel your old jewellery?
Creating a bespoke piece of jewellery that’s unique to you is a wonderful way to bring a new life to any old or inherited jewellery that you would never dream of parting with, but remains unworn. Recycling the precious metals and gemstones is not only an ethical and cost-effective option, but a fun and creative process where you have the opportunity to create a piece of jewellery that’s as unique as you are. Our dedicated team works with your materials and ideas to create bespoke and unusual designs from your precious memories.
The Jewellery Remodelling process
- Book an Online or In-Store Design Appointment: Start by booking a design appointment with our Head Designer and Creative Director, Rebecca Smith. She will explore your ideas and use her expertise to create a unique design that expresses your creativity and identity.
- Bring Your Old Jewellery: If you are redesigning an old piece of jewellery, bring it along to your appointment. We will discuss its sentimental value and test the quality of the precious metals and gemstones.
- Create a Plan with Computer-Aided Design (CAD): We'll then create a plan, highlighting the elements most important to you and outlining our recommendations, designs, and costs. This phase also includes a CAD design, enabling you to visualise your bespoke piece before it's made.
- Handmade by Our Expert Team: After your appointment, your remodelled jewellery will be handmade by our expert team at our Workshop in Ditchling.
- Return of Unused Materials: Any unused materials will be returned to you, and precious metals of no sentimental value can be scrapped with us. This can be credited towards the making costs of your new remodelled piece of handmade jewellery.
At Pruden and Smith, we want to make sure you're happy with your purchase. You can buy without worry, as we're here to help you all the way.
Our handmade jewellery has a guarantee of up to 20 years, and we'll even re-polish it for free to keep it looking beautiful. Plus, when you buy a ring from us, we'll resize it once for free, ensuring the perfect fit.
If you buy a ring we have in stock, you can get a full refund. If we make a ring just for you, we'll keep making changes until it's exactly what you want.
“It was absolutely perfect. I now have (if I have added up correctly) 10mm of various, beautiful, stunning, bespoke rings and I love them all.”
“A bespoke and detailed ‘one-of-a-kind’ diamond ring that has been made especially for me, with family involved in the process, has been really special.” - Hannah
"I assumed Pruden and Smith would be beyond my reach, but they surprisingly accommodated my budget." - Mark
My P&S eternity ring was a gift from my husband, and I was utterly amazed when I first laid eyes on the eternity ring he selected." - Sarah
"The impeccable service, the extraordinary design, and the remarkable quality are simply breathtaking." - Michael
Learn more about us
As part of Heritage Open Days this September, we invite you to explore our building, which has a rich and diverse history. Number 2 South Street, nestled at the heart of historic Ditchling village, has...Emil Pruden
In recent years, a growing trend has swept through the world of bridal jewellery, challenging the traditional norms of engagement rings. Coloured gemstone engagement rings have become increasingly popular, adding a vibrant splash of personality...Emil Pruden
At Pruden and Smith, the phrase "of the earth" is not just a catchphrase; it’s a design principle that underpins our approach to creating beautiful jewellery. We take inspiration from nature's organic shapes, and our...Jen Pruden
Contemporary Pearl Jewellery Once associated with traditional styles, pearls are now becoming increasingly popular. In this blog post, we will explore the attraction of contemporary pearl jewellery and uncover the reasons behind its resurgence. Embracing Modern...Jen Pruden